I've created this "inspiration board" to get back into blogging. Sometimes it can feel like such a big task when you've been absent for a while. I didn't know where to start, so after contemplating it for a while I told myself not to overcomplicate things.
A few days ago I was talking to a friend about business, feeling inspired, not knowing how to move forward, or what to focus on. I have been feeling a bit drained and uninspired lately, although I've still got a constant underlying motivation and drive to do something.
I also realise that a lot of times we're waiting to "feel like it" to actually start. But no, it's the other way round - we don't always need to feel like it, instead it's all about taking action. And then the inspiration will follow.
So here's what I did - I went back to what got me into blogging in the first place many years ago, back to what I love doing. I turned to Pinterest, my number one source for inspiration. I saved some images that speak to me right now, and here I am sharing them with you.
Getting back into blogging, and DOING instead of THINKING about it.
1. I've been feeling all retro inspired lately. Just absolutely LOVE this image!
2. Sitting in coffee shops (especially if they've got that Paris vibe), reading, writing, and daydreaming. That's the daydream in itself. Who doesn't love that feeling, right?
3. Loving the leopard print peaking out under this awesome jacket. It's such a good combination. I've never really been into leopard or zebra prints, but right now I'm loving it. Maybe it's got something to do with that retro feeling I've got going on...
4. Apart from retro, I'm into colours and anything that says "fun" at the moment. I've gone through a phase of black, whites, and neutrals (and still love those tones!), but almost every year when I get that spring feeling I turn to pastels and pops of colour. It's fun!
5. I've moved recently (and will most likely move again soon), so my mind has been occupied with interior decoration, furniture, and house hunting. I love the horse print on the wall - something a bit different. I might just print one of the horse images from our Iceland trip.
6. And finally - I'm obsessed with cats. I keep thinking about this beautiful boy, Rufus, my one true furry love. Once I've settled into my future new place I'll get a cat, that's for sure. One that's needy, loves to cuddle, sit on my lap all day, constantly purrs, loves attention, and "talks" to me. Also, if you're into cats, check out this Instagram account. Too cute!
Now tell me, what's inspired you lately? And what about that drained feeling we all get sometimes, how do you get back into things?